All on 4 – one of the solutions for toothless jaws
No matter how much we take care of our teeth and try to treat and preserve everything we can, it happens that a person loses all their teeth. Fortunately, today there are solutions that give good comfort, feeling and aesthetics of natural teeth.
In situations where all the teeth are missing in one jaw, it is recommended to install implants and prosthetic work on them, which can be:
– Prosthesis on implants;
– All on 4;
– All on 6 or more implants.
Also, implants can be installed immediately after tooth extraction. An assessment about that will be made after talking to you, after analyzing the X-rays and the current clinical situation.
All on 4 – what is the procedure?
If you do not have teeth in the jaw / jaws, and you would like to have good comfort and aesthetics, relatively fast production, lower price – this is probably the right therapy for you. However, to understand what All on 4 is and whether it really suits you, read the text below.
The first step is a dental examination by our team of specialists. Based on the examination and analysis of X-rays, our doctors will suggest and explain everything about the treatment.
The following is the creation of a temporary prosthesis that will give guidelines on which type of work (All on 4 / All on 6) is best for you. At this stage, all the details, advantages and potential disadvantages of future therapy are clearly visible, and it is also the best moment to make a final decision.
The next step is the installation of implants and the delivery of temporary teeth. A few months later, we will start making the final All on 4 prosthetic work.
Call +381 69 2289 229
All on 4 – dental row on only 4 implants
It involves a full set of teeth (usually 12 teeth) on only 4 implants, of which the two implants in the back are placed at an angle so that they can receive an increased load.
The prosthetic dental row is fixed to the implants with screws and is not removed daily as is the case with dentures. If necessary, it can be removed, but only in the doctor’s office, the patient must not do it alone at home.
Dental rows can be made of different materials: acrylic, composite, ceramic, titanium or cobalt chromium alloy. Each of these materials withstands a different pressure and there is no universal material for each jaw. In order to choose the right one for you, it is necessary to start with a detailed prosthetic analysis and assessment of future chewing forces.
What is the aesthetic with All on 4?
All on 4 is very appreciative from an aesthetic point of view. You can practically have a hollywood smile or imitate your natural teeth from younger days. It consists of a white part (teeth) and a pink part that imitates the gums. It is characterized by complete harmony and harmony between the “gingiva and teeth”.
A beautiful smile is especially long-lasting when All on 4 is made of ceramic materials, since they do not change color in the mouth. With acrylic or composite teeth, it is very likely that pigmentation will accumulate over time. Fortunately, the All on 4 is fixed with screws, it can be taken out of the mouth, corrected if necessary and returned to function.
All on 4 – advantages
The big advantage of the system is that there is a possibility that you will get your teeth the same or the next day after the implant placement. These are temporary teeth, a small acrylic denture that we attach to implants and you can not remove it. After the completed osseointegration of the implant (period of about 3 months), we make a definite prosthetic work.
In addition to acrylic dentures, you can also get a temporary bridge, which often requires complete digitalization of the process, from implant placement to tooth delivery. It means that implants are placed using precise surgical stents. Since the process is digitized, even before the implant is placed, a temporary bridge is made in the laboratory so that you get your teeth immediately after the intervention. This process is much more precise and comfortable, but it requires additional equipment and is more expensive.
The advantage of All on 4 is that it allows you to function like you have a fixed bridge without the additional bone augmentation surgery, that a bridge on 6 or more implants would require.
Should a problem occur in terms of breaking off a piece of ceramic, acrylic or composite, All on 4 can be easily repaired.
Depending on the material used, the All on 4 bridge can be very light and pleasant for the tissue, and this is especially important for people who have experienced significant bone loss.
Compared to All on 6, All on 4 has a shorter build time and a lower price.
All on 4 – disadvantages
Like everything in the world, in addition to the advantages, the system has its disadvantages:
– Speech problems may occur initially. In some cases, the All on 4 may be slightly larger than a classic bridge. This sometimes interferes with the pronunciation of individual voices – T, D, N, S. With a little patience and persistent practice, you will quickly overcome this difficulty.
– The problem may occur due to insufficient feeling ————- during chewing. Namely, while chewing, our natural teeth activate the finest pressure receptors, and we are able to limit and regulate such pressure. We feel when we have clenched our teeth too much, so we reflexively relax. When implants are placed in the upper and lower jaw, this mechanism is missing and patients often bite even harder than they should. This happens only in the beginning, because the function of the receptor is taken over by the mucous membranes and muscles over time. However, even that beginning is enough for the breaking of teeth in the bridge, cracking of acrylics and ceramics.
– In most All on 4 works, the part of the bridge behind the last implant practically “hangs” and relies only on the mucous membrane, so to speak there is no support in the implant. Even when all the professional rules have been followed in the preparation of the work, the mentioned part can be a source of instability and problems.
– All on 4 made of acrylic, or composite teeth in the mouth changes color over time, teeth become darker and pigmentation more frequent.
– For every work on implants, even for All on 4, enhanced oral hygiene is required, about which we will certainly train you in detail. At check-ups, we will monitor your level of oral hygiene and suggest periodic removal of the bridge for thorough cleaning.
All on 4 – price
The price of this treatment varies greatly and depends on a number of factors:
– Types of implants – different types of implants have different prices;
– Types of final prosthetic work and material from which it was made;
– Bone upgrade needs;
– Types of temporary teeth;
– Digitization of the whole procedure.
It ranges from 4000 eur and more for one jaw.